When we lift weights we break down muscle, when we recover our body adapts and rebuilds it stronger than it was before to be able to withstand the load we put on it. If we don't recover properly we don't give our bodies a chance to rebuild and be better than before. Over time if we continue to put a load on our muscles, recover, rebuild we continue to get stronger and more fit. The better we are at recovering the more we can workout and we can improve our fitness faster and get more fit overall. Here are some ways to help your body recover faster and some brief ways they work.
- Food is fuel for performance and building blocks for recovery. You must eat enough, but quality and balance are very important.
- Protein is used to build muscle. Carbs replenish glycogen in your muscles. Quality Fats have Essential Fatty Acids that help in recovery of joints and the building of bones.
- Supplements like fish oil and whey protein can help recovery but they won't do much if the rest of your diet is bad.
- Muscle is repaired during sleep.
- 8-10 hours of quality sleep is best for optimum recovery.
- In deep sleep the body will produce HGH
Sports Massage, See a Chiropractor, Yoga, Muscle Stimulation, Romwod, Lacrosse ball work, Foam Rolling, Cupping, Cryotherapy,
- Professional body work is the most effective.
- Foam rolling can be done to relieve soreness and work out knots causing tight muscles. Foam Rolling should be focused on overactive muscles to help restore muscle balance during movement.
- The recovery and muscle building processes is much slower with out adequate hydration, it is needed to carry nutrients to your muscles
- If your dehydrated your body can cramp up or even break down muscle tissue.